I’ve been using XBMC for some time as my HTPC driver. Having an MCE remote though, its buttons are configured to run Windows Media Center. I ran into the following blog post that offers a way to change this, but I didn’t like the implementation:
- It replaces the wrong file (ehshell.exe instead of ehtray.exe) which caused me some issues
- It uses hard-coded locations and is specific to XBMC
- The code is not green in Resharper 🙂
So I took the code and generalized it to a small program that lets you configure exactly which program will be launched by which MCE button. The result: MCE Launcher (see the Readme file for installation and configuration).
A couple of days ago I ran into the above error when I tried importing my ICS file into Google Calendar. A quick Bing search turned up a few results, and after some digging I found the root cause – UID collision (thanks Nick VE!). Basically you need to delete all UIDs from the file and let Google assign new ones. There are many ways to do this, but Nick suggests a nice simple approach:
- Install Notepad++
- Hit Ctrl+O and open the ICS file
- Hit Ctrl+F and click the Mark tab
- In the Find what field write UID
- Tick Bookmark line
- Press Mark All
- Menu Bar -> Search -> Bookmark -> Remove Bookmarked Lines
- Save the file and try importing again
Of course, this is only temporary until I move my calendar to Outlook.com.